Tuesday 20 May 2014

Rashol, Magic Rashol


Imagine sitting on a verandah with a cup of hot chocolate in your hands and gazing at Snow-capped Mountains for hours with not a sound around. Pin drop silence, silence that cannot be found anywhere except the mountains!!! There is no better sight than that. There is nothing else you would want to do.


Rashol is an 8km climb from Kasol at a 70 degree ascent. Along the path are natural watering holes and scenic spots to catch your breath. You see magnificent mountains laden with coniferous trees and a blue sky emblazoned with blinding white clouds.
That's me drinking from the natural spring

However, the trek is far from easy for unhealthy city-bred people like us. After about three hours of panting, sweating, climbing, sitting and drinking the most delicious and the most pure water ever we finally reach Rashol. It is a beautiful village, with beautiful people and has the best view. We stayed at Dola Cafe. And I absolutely loved the place since the cafe has a brilliant location that directly faces the snow caped Himalayas. And do you know how much we paid for all of this? Rs 50.  
The 10,000 ft high selfie. haha


Dola Cafe, Rashol

My experience at Rashol was beautiful. I spend most of my time watching the seven hills at a distance with a snow-capped monolith, and asking myself what could get better than this. It is peaceful, indeed.


The amazing people I met at Rashol

2 comments:

  1. Can I please have cafe dola's contact number of you guys have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I please have cafe dola's contact number of you guys have?

    ReplyDelete